Welcome home to the Harvester!
We understand that Northern Virginia is a busy place with more opportunities for individuals and families than there is time to do them. Our desire is to help every member to grow in right relationship with God and others, knowing Christ and making Him known.
We do this through:
- Worship that focuses on God
- Preaching that applies the Bible to everyday life
- Meaningful relationships built in small groups
- Opportunities to give and receive
- Youth and children’s ministries
We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We are partnered with a Chinese congregation that worships in the same building with us.
Come check us out in person. We’d be glad to meet you.
Sunday Mornings at 10 AM
7800 Rolling Road, Springfield, VA 22153
Rev. Mark Hayes, Senior Pastor
Rev. Dan Doll, Associate Pastor
Mary Filman, Financial Secretary
Gitta Smith, Secretary
What to Expect
Finding a church community can be a long hard process, but at Harvester you will find being in this community is like being home. Home is supposed to be a place where you find comfort, compassion, and peace, as well as growth. At Harvester you will find that place–a community that loves you and wants you to experience the love that God has shown them. You will be welcomed into a community that seeks to live side by side with one another (our motto) and truly lives out this vision. Here you will find a community that seeks to be a home for everyone who enters. Come Sunday Mornings at 10:00 A.M. and see what Harvester is all about.
Where do I park?
Harvester’s parking lot is on the back side of the church, away from Rolling Road. There are a number of spaces reserved for those who are worshiping with us for the first time. There are also six handicapped-accessible parking spaces next to the Sanctuary entrance. The Sanctuary entrance has a wheelchair ramp. The office entrance does not have a wheelchair ramp.
Where do I go?
We are excited that you are considering worshiping with us in person. We would like to personally greet you and help you and your family find your way for your first time. You will find our welcome team, in the area in front of the Sanctuary, who desire to get to know you and help you feel at home at the Harvester.
Do you have child care?
When you know your children are in a loving and safe environment you can relax, allowing you to focus on worship and Bible study. We offer an Infant and Toddler Nursery during the 10:00 A.M. worship service as well as during Sunday School at 11:45 A.M.
If you are a mother of a child who is nursing, if you so desire, we have a nursing mothers room behind the sanctuary to help you feel comfortable and still be a part of the worship service. For more information on our nursery ministry please click here.
What is Stepping Stones to Worship?
While you are welcome to worship together as a family, if you desire we have a children’s worship time (during the sermon) which children (ages 4-7) are welcome to attend. While in Stepping Stones to Worship, children are taught a Gospel-centered lesson from the Bible aimed at their level of understanding and how to apply it to their lives. There is also a time for singing and understanding God’s Word through hands-on activities.
Do you have Sunday School?
We also have a full Sunday School program for all ages at 11:45 A.M. This includes an Infant & Toddler Nursery, a class for 4’s and 5’s, classes for Elementary-age children, and mixed generation classes for Youth and Adults. For more information on our Sunday School program please click here.
What are worship services like?
Our worship services blend traditional worship and contemporary worship through both instrumental and vocal music. Different praise bands lead the congregation in worship through song. A variety of worship singers, soloists, and small groups bring special selections as offerings of praise to our Lord. Members of Harvester Presbyterian Church also worship by prayer and the study of God’s Word.
Can I get an audio copy of the sermons?
You can view of list of past sermons and other teachings — and listen to them — by clicking here.
What do I Need to Bring?
Nothing but yourself. But if you do have a Bible, many people have their own copy of the Bible with them during worship so that they can underline or highlight particular verses for later study. If you do not have your own copy of God’s Word we would be glad to give you one to keep.
What do I wear?
No matter what your personal style, you’ll be comfortable at Harvester Presbyterian Church. If you prefer dressy, business, or casual attire, chances are there will be others dressed much like you no matter when you visit. Sunday mornings are a time when many prefer to dress up a bit, but even if jeans are more your style, you’ll be right at home with us. On Sunday evenings Youth usually dress more casually because there may be games and other activities.
Who Worships at the Harvester on Sunday Mornings?
At Harvester we are a community of people from all cultures and languages. No matter who you are you are welcome at the Harvester. Our main service is conducted in English, but as a community we cooperatively and closely work with a local Chinese speaking congregation which also meets in the same building. The Chinese speaking congregation meets in the Harvester building on Sunday mornings at 10:00 A.M. and we partner to have combined Sunday School classes for elementary age children and infant and toddler child care (during both the Worship Service and Sunday School)
At Harvester we also have a Hispanic congregation that meets at 11:00 A.M. on Sunday mornings to serve the many Spanish-speaking families in our community. There is also a mid-week Bible study. For more information on our Hispanic congregation please click here.
Can I meet the Pastors?
Our Senior Pastor is Mark Hayes and our Assistant Pastor is Dan Doll and they would would love to meet you! One of the pastors is available in the area outside of the Sanctuary after worship every Sunday morning to personally greet everyone. If you would like a more in-depth visit with the pastor, please call the church office to set up a time for a personal visit or phone call. The church office is available Monday – Fridays from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. at 703-455-7800.
If you have any other questions we would be glad to answer them, please either call the church office at 703-455-7800 or e-mail us.
Statement of Beliefs
– The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
– In one personal, sovereign, eternal God revealed in three persons: Father, Son, and Spirit.
– That Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and that through His death and resurrection He made a way for sinful men to be brought into right relationship with God.
– In the bodily resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ, where He sits at the right hand of God the Father.
– In the visible bodily return of Jesus Christ to the earth to judge the world.
– In the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Godhead, and that His ministry and gifts are given to build up His church.
– In the reality of Satan (the tempter) and Hell for those who never accept God’s gift of spiritual life.
– That each of us is naturally disobedient to God, spiritually dead to God, deserving eternal punishment and without hope of a life-giving relationship with God except through the Lord Jesus Christ.
– That salvation (spiritual life) is found through turning from sin to God, a total submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and that it is available totally by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus (a free gift to us) and not by our works.
– That church membership is a mutual commitment between the church leadership and the member in which the leadership provides spiritual example, teaching and protection and the member responds with a spirit of cooperation and submission in the Lord.
– Are a church that belongs to the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA) as our denominational affiliation and to Potomac Presbytery as our regional affiliation (map of Potomac Presbytery).
– Adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith, the Westminster larger and shorter catechism..
– Use covenant and reformed theology as the foundation of our teaching and preaching.
– Welcome all who wish to worship Jesus our Lord with us.